When I was growing up, there were a few performing arts programs in my neighborhood - but I never had a chance to be exposed to them. I didn't step foot in the local Boys & Girls Club until I was 16, so that was an opportunity I missed (but JLo and Kerry sure took advantage!)
In today's world, thanks to the Internet, we all have access to information -- the world is literally at your fingertips. If you're interested about acting or dancing all you have to do is go to Google.
I often think how my life would have played out if I had Dared To Go Beyond the world I knew when I was younger and studied acting or dance at an earlier age. Thankfully, I have no regrets. Things have turned out pretty well for me.
Today,young people have opportunities that didn't exist when I was younger. One of those opportunities is the D2GB Children's Arts Camp. An initiative of R.Evolución Latina, the camp just finished it's 6th year.
The D2GB Camp is a free opportunity for children from 7 to 17 to spend a week with Broadway professionals and train in all aspects of the performing arts. This past August, over 200 young people took part in the 5 day camp.
This year, 8 young people from Cal, Columbia were invited to participate in the camp and perform along with the other campers from NYC, Puerto Rico, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
Did I mention that this was free for all of the kids. Did I also mention that an experience like this can change a child's life? Take a look..................
Dare To Go Beyond is at the core of what R.Evolución Latina is all about. Making a difference through the performing arts and empowering the Latino community to Go Beyond!
I have been proud to be associated with R.Evolución Latina since it's early stages and have watched it grow and change so many lives for the better along the way. I want to help this amazing organization continue to amazing work and continue to change lives.
I am asking you, my friends, family, associates and fans of this blog to help me help R. Evolución Latina. The D2GB Camp is free for the campers, but it does have a cost associated with it. I am asking for your support to help pay for 8 children to attend next year's camp. $2,000 will cover the costs of 8 children to have a life changing experience at the 2014 D2GB Camp.
Over the next 3 weeks, I will be asking for your help. No contribution is too small or too big -- every donation helps.
The performing arts can change lives. It changed mine. It also Changed Cindy's, Watch her story
If you want to make a donation (made possible through the generous help of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS), just click here
To learn more about R.Evolución Latina, you can go here


No comments:
Post a Comment